Post-doctoral Associate Position
We are looking to hire a postdoctoral researcher to characterize biomarkers involved in developing major psychiatric disorders, and especially schizophrenia. We have several ongoing studies employing high-density (hd)-EEG, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), fMRI, and 7T Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Imaging (MRSI) both during wakefulness and sleep in early course psychosis, and we just received NIMH funding to investigate individuals at clinical high risk of developing psychosis.
This position is therefore ideal for candidates who are interested in employing a multi-modal imaging approach to characterize brain circuits implicated in risk for psychosis and related cognitive dysfunctions during a critical phase of brain maturation. It will also provide the opportunity to spend time in Pittsburgh, one of the most livable and vibrant cities in the country, and to work in the Department of Psychiatry, a unique environment for young researchers to foster collaboration, be productive, and develop an independent program of research.
Applicants should send a CV and a statement of interest to the PI (email@example.com).
1) Ph.D. in neuroscience, psychology, biology, physics, mathematics or other neuroscience-related disciplines
2) Preferred experience in one or more of the above-mentioned techniques
3) One or more first-author publications in an international, peer-reviewed neuroscience journal
4) Strong data-analysis and programming skills (MATLAB, C, R, MNE-Python, or related programming languages)
5) Proficient in spoken and written English